The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter. For example, if there is one beneficiary and one freehold or leasehold property, costs will be at the lower end of the range. If there are multiple beneficiaries, properties and multiple bank accounts, costs will be at the higher end.
We can handle the full process for you. The price range quoted is for estates where:
- There is a valid will
- There is no more than one property
- There are no more than 4 bank or building society accounts
- There are no other intangible assets
- There are 2-3 beneficiaries
- There are no disputes between beneficiaries on division of assets. If disputes arise this is likely to lead to an increase in costs
- There is no inheritance tax payable and the executors do not need to submit a full account to HMRC*
- There are no claims made against the estate
*Please be aware that you could have an estate where there is no IHT payable but you are directed to complete an IHT400 Estate form instead of an IHT205 form. Where this happens we will need to make further enquiries and obtain detailed information from Executors which could involve having to complete between 5-20 forms.