Employment is a very complex area of law. Our strength lies in the level of specialist expertise available. The Partner overseeing the work of the department is Ian Soulsby who has also for many years sat part time as an Employment Judge.
Support for Employers
We offer a very user friendly and hands on approach and tailor the service to the requirements of the employer. Areas where we can assist include:
- Drafting contracts of Employment and Staff Handbooks.
- Varying terms and conditions of employment.
- Drafting disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Advice when handling disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Defending Employment Tribunal claims including contract disputes, unfair dismissal claims and discrimination claims.
- Handling redundancy processes.
Services can be provided on a fixed fee or hourly paying basis. Just phone our team to discuss.
Support for Employees
In the current economic climate no one is guaranteed job security. Problems at work or losing your job can be incredibly stressful for you and your family. We are here to help when needed, for example;
- Advising about disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Advising regarding contractual rights
- Unfair dismissal claims including constructive dismissal
- Help with threatened redundancies or TUPE Transfers
- Rights such as maternity leave and flexible working
- Sex discrimination including harassment and victimisation
- Race discrimination
- Disability discrimination and being fit to return to work
- Discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation or religion or beliefAge discrimination, issues on recruitment, at work or on retirement
- Health and Safety issues and suffering a detriment for making a “protected disclosure”
- The secret to our success is that we identify at the outset our clients objectives. This may be resolving a dispute by way of a Compromise Agreement, pursuing an Employment Tribunal claim to seek your job back or to recover compensation. Our level of expertise is such that we are normally able to identify at a very early stage whether or not your claim is one that should be pursued.
We offer a free 30 minute interview or telephone conversation to ascertain your details, advise you on how we can help, discuss your options in terms of the next steps and funding issues. Depending on the circumstances we undertake cases where you pay on an hourly basis or pay a fixed fee. We also consider taking cases on a contingency fee basis where you pay us nothing if you lose but if you win we charge a percentage of your compensation.
We believe our services are honest, professional, good value for money and reflect our high level of expertise.
Segensworth Business Forum
Segensworth Business Forum (SBF) represents the interests, concerns and issues of businesses on the Segensworth Industrial Estates. They are a single and coordinated voice lobbying and working on behalf of all businesses on the estates for better services and increased funding.
Segensworth Business Forum was set up to:
- Develop initiatives to improve transport, access and HGV parking
- Increase business security and preventing crime
- Provide a range of shared service support functions that will benefit all businesses
- Be Environmentally friendly and provide image enhancement measures across the estates
Now Legal’s offices are on the Segensworth Estate and Now Legal fully supports and champions the work of the SBF. Now Legal is a member of the SBF and has committed itself to providing discounts for all members of the SBF in a bid to support local businesses and promote a community spirit. More details can be found on the SBF website www.sbfl.co.uk.
Employment Law Helpline
Now Legal are working in Partnership with Segensworth Business Forum in offering a new free employment helpline service to employer members of the Forum. Simply email or call us with a brief description of the issue and we will respond within a maximum of six working hours. This helpline service is free to use and offers immediate advice on all employment issues.
If additional work is required such as drafting documentation or the conduct of ongoing employment tribunal claims or court proceedings; members can consult a solicitor of choice but if Now Legal is asked to undertake the work, SBF members will receive a 20% discount on the normal hourly charge rates.
Our Standard Terms of Business are available via the following link:
Terms of Business
For email enquiries please use the email address as follows:
This helpline is for the use of SBF members and advice will not be given to individual employees regarding issues affecting them. The person contacting the helpline must have authority to do so on behalf of the SBF member